Data Entry is a broad term that includes electronic data processors, typists, word processors, transcribers, coders, and clerks. Data Entry is a way to enter or update data into a computer system. In simple words, we can say that Data Entry is an activity to convert the data into electronics mode. The data entered into the computer system is taken from the paper/printed documents using inputs such as Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, etc.
Data Entry jobs can be performed by the assistants or processors without any specific knowledge of the equipment. The importance of Data Entry is lying in the fact that it is used in each and every sphere of business such as to keep a record of expenses, incomes, etc. With the help of this article, we are showing our readers the essentials to get started with Online data entry jobs.
Table of Contents
Data Entry Job Details and Requirements
The basic function of Data Entry is encoding data. For this, the candidate must have good and quick skills in keyboard typing. The aspirant must also have knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Win Task, Unibase, etc. The main responsibility and requirements for data entry jobs are the following :
- The input of text from source documents within time.
- Application of methods and techniques of Data Entry.
- Keep the organization’s information confidential.
- Best review of information to detect errors and their rectification.
- Prior work experience related to data entry jobs.
- Familiar with the use of office equipment i.e. fax machines and scanners.
- Accuracy with good typing speed.
- Computer Certificate with High School Diploma.
Eligibility Criteria for Data Entry Operator:
A candidate who wants to perform data entry operations must fulfill the specified criteria as below :
- Candidates holding senior secondary or bachelor’s can do the job of DEO. It will be best if candidates qualify KPH Test (Keystrokes-per-hour) to provide surety of efficiency.
- Must have a KPH of 10000 to qualify for the screening test.
- Adequate knowledge of Grammer and pronunciation.
Data Entry Jobs – Pay Rates :
Most recruiter pays remuneration to the Data Entry Associate on an hourly basis at the rate of $7.25 to $40.50 with an average of $19.06 while some pay on a yearly basis at a rate of $21000-36000 with an average of $27231.
- As per the above data, we can say that online data entry clerks can earn around $1160-$6480/- p.m. while for the full time it is $1750-$3000/- p.m.
Note: Data Entry Job is not a work that is difficult, it can be performed by a person having no specific knowledge. Some companies offer data entry work offsite i.e. at home.